How The Cloud Can Empower Small Businesses to Work Remotely
Remote working has arguably been one of the biggest adjustments for small businesses during the pandemic. Navigating this new environment can be challenging, especially when it comes to collaboration. Luckily, the cloud allows us to access data on any device, and manage ongoing projects from any part of the world.
Below, we’ll list a few ways the cloud is empowering small businesses to stay successful while working remotely.
- Ease of access. Working on local systems can prove troubling for a variety of reasons. If you’re only able to access a device from a specific location, you’re missing valuable working hours while in meetings or traveling. With the cloud, you are able to access all data and files from anywhere at any time. This facilitates team collaboration, allows for flexibility, and ability to access data and files at your convenience.
- Saving space. Utilizing physical servers is not something all small businesses have the money for. In addition, finding space for a server room can be difficult. Using the cloud means that all data and applications can be stored from a remote infrastructure. You’ll be able to reduce the costs of on-premise servers, and subsequent costs like cables, power supplies, etc.
- Device syncing. We use so many devices these days, and the cloud makes it simple to streamline activity on all devices. This way you can work on a smartphone, tablet, or laptop and use any operating systems like Windows, Mac, etc.
- Data security. The pandemic saw the highest amount of security and data breaches than ever before. Remote working undoubtedly exposed the gaps in our systems, and small businesses might not be able to survive the financial ramifications of a data breach. If your local hardware were to crash, you run the risk of losing data permanently. Using the cloud can help you decrease the risk of data loss, and be able to utilize other safety measures like two-factor authentication, firewalls, etc.
- Scalability. Let’s say you’re a startup company, and you’re planning to roll out a huge project that will take your business to the next level. And then suddenly, we are told the whole country will be under lockdown again. If you aren’t able to access the platform that facilitates this project, you’ll have to put the project on hold. Using the cloud can easily help scale business operations and data storage.
How has the cloud helped your small businesses through remote working? Leave us a comment below! If you’re looking for cloud solutions onsulting, you’ve come to the right place. Thinline Technologies can take this burden off your hands, so you can focus on what matters — your job! Visit our cloud solutions page for more information, and contact us today to get started.