Why Cloud Computing Is Essential For Small Businesses
Cloud computing provides access to business data and applications from anywhere, at any time. It provides small businesses with mobile access to data and helps determine how competitive they want to be in their market. It’s estimated that by 2022, up to 60% of business owners will rely on the cloud for hosting.
What are the advantages of using cloud computing for small business?
- It’s cost effective. The cost of services depends on whether or not you plan to do this in-house, or outsource it. If you choose to spearhead your efforts in-house, you’ll really only need to invest in a powerful server. This will help save costs, as there’s no need to routinely update IT hardware. The company will also be able to mallow a large number of employees to access the network, with no extra cost. If you choose to outsource your efforts with a cloud service provider (CSP), the hardware lies in the hands of the service provider, and any existing computers at the company won’t need to be updated since the CSP will use their resources.
- It allows for flexible access. Once a user has been created on the cloud network, the employee is able to access the network using multiple platforms and locations. Whether you’re trying to access it on smartphone or desktop, you’ll be able to get to it with easy access.
- It’s easier to collaborate. An important lesson the pandemic has taught us that when it comes to employees working remotely, having centralized data is important. When the data is housed over the cloud network, employees can take over the task right from where the previous employee left it (like a Google Doc).
- It has better security. Because your information is centralized, this allows for better security. Having data and information in disparate locations will leave you more prone to cyber threats. In addition, data remains safe from unauthorized use if the cloud network is lost or stolen. The employee will just have to change the password to regain access.
- It allows for flexibility. If your small business is planning on hiring more employees, cloud solutions allow you to add unique users for each employee, so you don’t have to purchase additional personal computers.
- It’s scalable. The tough thing about scaling a business having to keep up with the technology that comes along with it. Typically the more your business grows, the more IT hardware you have to purchase. With a cloud solution, the IT department just has to create as many numbers or new users over the cloud network as they need to. So in the event an employee leaves the organization, all you have to do is remove or delete them from the cloud after you secure your data.
- It offers compatibility. Whether you choose to have your cloud solution in-house or outsourced, all the data and applications are stored in a central location. This means any sort of update has to be installed in a single location. And in turn, that will affect each existing and new user. If you didn’t have cloud computing in place, each device at the organization would need to be updated individually.
Where can I outsource my cloud computing services?
We’re glad you asked, because you’ve come to the right place! We offer a complete set of options for your company to move your entire IT infrastructure to the cloud & implement cloud computing. This includes a full set of secure options such as data storage and virtualization. By choosing us to host your company infrastructure, you are ensuring your company has optimal levels of reliability and stability, while minimizing downtime. We ensure that your data is always backed up with security protections that keep your computing infrastructure safe. Contact us today!